Friday, 6 June 2008

Beginning Outland Rep Grinding

I am the process of levelling up my leatherworking rogue and have come a little late to the wake-up call that is reputation grinding. I first decided that xp trumps rep and therefore I will simply quest and level up as quick as possible and run instances at level 70 for rep, but with my bad track record on instances and instant boredom with power levelling, I have changed my mind.

To that effect, I have adapted a new strategy. First rep grind to honored and then quest in the area. It's working pretty well so far by doing the following:

  • Hellfire Peninsula: Slay Shattered Hand everything's to honored. Well, that's the ideal, but I haven't managed it. It's just too boring. Will run instances for Honor Hold rep at 70, methinks.
  • Zangermarsh: Killing withered giants and withered bog lords with my level 62 herbalist druid and handing in unidentified plant parts for Cenarion Expedition rep and on the way there and back killing anything that has the possibility of providing fertile spores as loot for Sporeggar rep.
  • Terrokar Forest: Killing Firewing anything's for Firewing Signets to turn in for Scryers rep. Also grinding bird people just outside Shatt for Arakkoa feathers for lower city rep.
  • Nagrand: Killing Wild Elekks for their tusks to hand in to The Consortium. Virtual ivory poacher I am. Also killing warmaul and boulderfist ogres for their warbeads to hand for Consortium friendly to honored rep.
Rep grinding is easy and almost fun for short play sessions (10 - 30 minutes each). My druid has moved into the Cenarion Expedition Inn for a short run to the dead mire and my rogue hearth stone back to Shatt after every play and easily catches a quick griffon to terrokar forest or nagrand, from where it's a short run either way to killing grounds, or simply runs out to the bird people in TF for a few minutes. Since real life is taking over and I play much less than I used to, this is a good way to gain rep whilst gaining about 1000xp for each kill. At a conservative 1 kill per minute, 30 minutes equate to 60 000xp per hour, roughly the same as I get when questing. No bad at all.

No comments: