Getting to know someone is as much about making logical deductions as it is about observation and interaction. The longer we know someone, the more we interact with them, the more data we are able to assemble and the more accurate our predictions about them become. It's usually in the remit of psychologists to be able to know someone within an extremely short time span. Various tools are available to aid the process. One of these are questionnaires. These types of personality questionnaires have exploded in pop culture and everybody, whether they admit to it or not, as at least tried to use one of these to try and understand themselves better. Getting to know someone is easier than getting to know yourself. Self observation and interaction is biased and when logical deductions are made by you of you they quickly become rather illogical leaps and grasps.
I always find my obsessive compulsive side pouncing on such questionnaires, particularly the ones published in popular books and magazines. They're usually riddled with logical flaws and various errors that make them at best, hazardously unreliable. You cannot tell from questions such as "do you prefer to spend time alone or with friends" how social anybody is, nevermind trying to decern whether they have an issues with social situations. And yet, that's what most of these types of questionnaires claim to do. I prefer getting a sense of people and myself through wild speculation instead.
I have my bags arranges and organized, but there are always bits and pieces present. A few feathers left from rep grinding kept since I am still in the process of rep grinding, even if I am not doing that today, a few quest items from quests covering six to seven level appropriate areas - some are green, some yellow, some orange, but none grey, a few useful looted items - mana regens if I'm playing a bana-based character, health regens if not, both if I'm not a healer and bandages even if I am. My bagpack is neatly packed with essentials - health / mana potions, a fishing rod, a few lures, a skinning knife or mining pick, one non-combat pet, one stack of battle elixir and one of a guardian variety and that's about it.
What does my bag space say about me? It says that I am not obsessive. If I was, my potion stacks would always be either full or at a certain number and I would have a ritual for use and replenishment.
It says that I am a punctual personal that leans slightly toward perfectionism. I have no junk, its all cleared out after every trip. I have no outdated quest items, it's all things I am currently working on. I have allocated bags for certain items, but not allocated bag slots unless it's relevent for a macro. That makes me less obsessive and less of a perfectionist than at first glance.
It says that I like to think of myself as efficient and prefer my life organized, but not extremely so. I like to know the facts, but are happy to make plenty up as I go along. I do not spend much time looking at my bag space, I have a general system and that I mostly adhere to. Not always, but most of the time.
It also says that indulgence is important to me. I almost always carry a non-combat pet. I don't have a collection, each character has a few, but I like them nonetheless. Enough so, that I would sacrifice a few bank slots and one bag slot for my pets. I like them because they're fun and entirely unnecessary. Everything should have something that serves no other purpose than to entertain.
My bag slots do reflect my personality. What does your bag slots say about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment