Every time I catch up on some skill points, I vow never to let it fall behind again. But then I start questing and all the skill grinding tend to be quickly put off for another time. This is how I end up in the situation where my lock picking skill is 25 points behind. The last time I feel behind by a hundred and so I am somewhat cheered by this sign of improvement on my part, but it's still a pain to catch up in one go. It's like spring cleaning or catching up on a back-log of paperwork or laundry. It's a tedious and repetitious chore that I then put off even more and the back-log grows.
I decided to get my lock picking up to scratch today. From 285 - 310 before I hit level 63 and it's 315. I made the effort of travelling from Outland to the Eastern Plaguelands to go and pick some locked boxes (it caught me up a while ago when I did the same in the Wetlands), but the boxes are surrounded by two or four elites and few and far between. I managed two before boredom took over. I regret not pickpocketing as often as I can. Soloing most of the time invariably results in me being too busy surviving to worry about pickpocketing and again, I vow to no longer take the easy road. I decided that it may be easier to pickpocket for heavy junkboxes instead. Off I went to Hellfire Peninsula in search of an easy mob and I sort of found one.
The tunnels just outside the gates have a pickpocket rate for heavy junkboxes of about ten percent and four trips through the tiny mine yielded a total of eight boxes en around 20 000 or so xp. I'm now at lock picking 298 and counting. One or two more trips and I'm at 300 and off to Zangermarsh where prettier baskets await to level me to 315. In the process of levelling up my lock picking, I've also levelled up another level.
No comments:
Post a Comment