There's not that much in game that annoy me. I do find, like other players, plenty to complain about, but it's mostly complaints of personal preference. I complain about the cartoony graphics, when there's more realistic options available. I complain about BoP items which would've been nice to have as BoE instead. I complain about the prices of things I can't afford on the AH and then I complain about silly peeps who keep lowering the prices of items I try to sell for as much gold as possible. I complain about the commute, all that bloody running in the first few levels particularly, but all the things I complain about are there for a reason.
Having the quest base and inn on an island off Feralas is however, one of the complaints I feel is valid. I don't understand why I have to spend so much time on a ferry going back in forth when I only have 30 minutes to play. That tedious boatride makes Feralas, one of my favourite areas in appearance, somewhere I rarely visit. I do the questline for the blue gloves and that's about it. But I like Feralas and I would like to play there, but I'm not logging off outside an inn and I'm not traveling back and forth to Feathermoon stronghold. It's one of those ingame mechanisms which seems to be there for the purpose of annoying me. And maybe just to have variety. But it's stupid.
I'm level 44 now with my hunter and again, I will be skipping over Feralas. I'll be going back to Tanaris, probably grinding scorpids and turtles 'til I can go elsewhere. Not that I fancy going to the Swamp of Sorrows, with no flightpath at all, or back to STV with a long Booty Bay run too. At least there are alternatives. I can skip over all of these and level up in Searing Gorge and The Hinterlands until I hit 48-9 and I'm off to Felwood for some rep grinding.
But I wanted to quest in Feralas. And it's disappointing that it's just not practical because the commute from inn to hunting ground is just too long and tedious.
No comments:
Post a Comment