Needless to say, being new at all of this, I found the different key bindings very confusing. I haven't touched the in game key bindings, haven't made any macros and haven't used anything other than the basic profile until now.
I spent the morning providing some creative input as to how he could maximize his N52 and as we figured out his, I realised it was about time I also configured mine. It's still a work in progress, but I have made some gigantic changes to my set-up with an eye on a PvP slant.
- I have removed all movement buttons from the N52 and now need to learn how to use the mouse to move. Yikes.
- I have activated the red, blue and green shifts and tied it to the three letter rows on my keyboard.
Having spent hundreds of hours in game moving with my left hand, having to suddenly use my right is not on. If the Nostromo came in a left-hand version, I would have concidered swapping my mouse to the left and it to the right, it's that big a deal for me. Alas, it doesn't, so I'll just have to spend a few hundred more hours to adjust. I have also effectively opened up about 50 shortcuts whereas I usually stick to less than 15. Tripling my available pool of spells to have at my fingertips is taking some memorization. I have had to change around my UI keys in game to allow for this and am now totally and utterly clueless as to where the simplest things are.
In the long run, the change means that I should be able to view and use all my moves with equal ease. In the short run, it means complete chaos and starting again from scracth, particularly in the pvp setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment