Saturday, 29 March 2008

Fishing For Druids

Fishing, like most professions, only really make money later on. Fishing pays in weird and wonderful ways, such as when you catch a valuable item or nice pattern on the line or through cooking bonuses. Being well fed is never a bad thing. It's the mid- to upper level fish that begin to make a little money, like the raw sunscale salmon on my server. These puppies, sorry fish, sell for gold.

Druids learn their only teleportation spell at level 10: Teleport to Moonglade. Not only is this a nice bonus for training (simply teleport to Moonglade and then hearthstone back to wherever you were), it also come in handy for fishing at mid-level. Moonglade is a very safe level 40 - 50 area with plenty of fish that sell well on the AH. Teleport to Moonglade, fish and hearthstone back.

Your fishing level has to be at 205 to be able to fish in Moonglade and at level 300 to achieve a 100% catch rate. This is not as high as it may seem. If you pick up the aquadynamic fish attractor, which provide a +100 fishing and combine it with a nice fishing rods, which provide a +5, it's possible to fish in Moonglade as early as fishing level 100. If you truly dedicated, there are other items which will provide a bonus of +2 to +5, such as fishing hats, enchanted fishing gloves etc.

There's few things that annoy me more than 'your fish has gotten away' multiple times in a row when fishing. I don't want my fish to get away, I want to catch fish to sell and level up my fishing and both are difficult if I'm not catching much fish. I use the +105 fishing points I have to reach fishing level 300, at which point I have a 100% catch rate. (That is if I click quick enough and don't loose the fish because I was taking a bite of toast with breakfast.) My druid's fishing is now above 200 and with the added bonuses from my rod and lure, I am having fun fishing in Moonglade and then selling my catch of the day on the AH.

No comments: