Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Stranglekelp

It's knowing when to go where that makes life easier. I am discovering as I go along that there is generally an easy way of doing most things if you know the way. In particular, there is an easy place to collect stranglekelp and then there are harder places. As I level up, the harder places become easier, however, Menethil harbour is about the only place I can quickly collect a whole stack of stranglekelp in under 5 minutes.

The time factor is in the travelling. There's no point spending 10 or 20 minutes getting there when I can just as easily spend 15 - 30 minutes gathering it elsewhere. I am learning to think more and more outside the box. Today, I hit level 34 with my druid and it's time to fly from southshore to stormwind for my training. Instead of flying directly, I have a stop over in menethil harbour. Very little additional traveling time and very little hassle. With a stack of 12 stranglekelp two minutes after landing, I'm off again, onwards to Stormwind. Next time, I might stay a little longer and catch some more oily blackmouths and firefin snappers. There's always a school to be found around the harbour.

No comments: