Sunday, 9 March 2008

Level 35: Time to become an artisan

At level 35 your professions should be around 200 skill points if all is going well. I have just reached level 35 with my main character and are desperately digging around to try and locate all the trainers I need to see and can't afford. (I'm saving up for a mount, obviously). My logic is that my professions pay. Spending money on education has never been a bad thing and I think educated characters will make more gold than uneducated ones.

Training to become an artisan in the primary professions simply cost cold. It can be done at any of the usual trainers in the cities. However, training up in the secondary professions is not simply a matter of throwing money at NPC's. There's a little spending involved, but also plenty of legwork. The artisan trainers in fishing and first aid are both located in Dustwallow Marsh, whilst the cooking trainer is in Gadgetzan. Here's the skinny:

Fishing: The artisan fishing trainer, called Nat Pagle is located on an island on Dustwallow Marsh.

First Aid: The artisan first aid is achieved via a quest handed out by Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen in Theramore Isles, Dustwallow Marsh. It seems like a simple enough one to complete, so I'm not unduly concerned.

Cooking:
The artisan cooking level is reached via a quest entitled 'Clamlette Surprise'. The 'go to' quest is on offer at the cooking trainer in Ironforge, Daryl Riknussun, who directs you to go see Dirge Quickcleave at the Gadgetzan inn. To complete the quest, you will need:
At level 35, the cheese can be bought, the zesty clam meat could possibly be obtained from the level 37 lurking shark, but the giant eggs is an issue. I think this will have to be an auction house bid for both the eggs and the clam meat. Or it's wait until level 40 to complete the quest. Good hunting to the brave and/or stupid.

No comments: