After much to-ing and fro-ing, I have decided to dump mining and pick up leatherworking for my hunter. I have been thinking about doing it since level 6, but it seemed appropriate to match jewelcrafing with mining. Turns out I have levelled JC to 296 without making use of her mining skill once. I do mine when I come across ore, which is rarely - since I mostly solo and ore tend to be where group mobs are - but my JC has always pulled ahead resulting in AH procurement instead of good old farming.
At level 40, to my great surprise, my hunter learned how to wear mail. Hmmm... Feeling like a bit of an idiot for not have caught on to the obvious earlier, but call me stupid, I just didn't tweak until I hit the trainer. With my main having topped out leatherworking and purchased quite a few mail patterns along the way (good thing I'm as obsessive as I am, otherwise I would never now have all those turtle scale and tough scorpid patterns). If my hunter can farm her own leatherworking mats, she'll be clothed. Yay! I realise that my weaponsmith can also make some mail armor, but the farming for ore is just beyond my level of patience. Spending the amount of money to purchase bar after bar goes beyond my sensibilities. And so I am 'respeccing'. Something I have wanted to do but didn't feel allowed to.
Life lesson learned. Do what you love, not what seems sensible. There's no point trying to make myself do anything that is good for me but I dislike. Instead, I am trying to find things that are both good for me and enjoyable. Maybe it's time to dump the exercise bike too. One can hope...
No comments:
Post a Comment