Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Confused by the dailies?

I've been struggling to get my head around the dailies, particularly the two dozen on the Isle of Quel'Danas and reading up on it seems to be almost more confusing than figuring it on my own. The best guide to dailies I have come across has been the curse.com quest guide.

I did the recommended 11 quests today and struggled a little through the uncertainty of where to go, what to kill and how many to combine, but all in all, a fun play. It took me just under two hours to complete within a round trip from/to Shatt, but the majority of the time was spent on the puzzling and familiarizing myself with the air. Also, a fair amount of time was wasted by habitual clicking on my flying mount only to be told that it doesn't work. What a disappointment. All that saving to get my epic green griffon and now I can't use it in the major level 70 quest hub.

Ever wonder where all the 70's disappear to? I originally thought into raids and the arena, but nope, the Isle is crawling with variously geared 70's earning their gold the stress free way. *sigh* A good chunk of my time was also spent waiting for respawn or fighting someone else's pull. (It seems unsociable to just sit there and if there's not enough for all, then jumping it must be the admirable thing to do). Top cope with the large number of players, respawn is quick. I completed one quest by killing the same NPC five times in succession - it respawn within seconds right on top of me every time. Good thing I wasn't playing a mage...

Needless to say, I don't like the Isle. But I earned enough gold that I'll probably be back tomorrow. And at least it's pretty and I get a little more use out of my epic land mount for which I had to rep grind Darnassus exalted.

No comments: