Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Dailies from Shattrath City

I find the dailies quite daunting and overwhelming, particularly those attached to the Isle of Quel'Danas. I am not quite ready to let go Outland, it feels as if I've barely arrived, and so I enjoy doing the dailies that start and end in Shatt. I also play in short slots throughout the day as a break and find that I can do on region per slot in 5 - 15 minutes and then place her on a griffon to the next whilst I go back to work.

I start my day by picking up the following quests in Shatt:
I only bother with Terokkar and Skettis if the daily cooking and/or fishing quest takes me in that direction.
Nagrand
Zangermarsh
Blade's Edge Mountains
Netherstorm
At this point, I hearth stone back and hand-in completed quests in Shatt:
It takes about ten minutes per quest on average to complete (some five, some fifteen), resulting in just over an hour in total of playtime (minus any time spent flying), spread over 5 - 7 play slots. I have a strong dislike for both Hellfire Peninsula and SMV and are still avoiding the dailies there. It doesn't help that apart from the daily fishing quest, the dailies are picked up either on location or on the Isle of Quel'danas. The monetary reward tends to just top 100g a day - 70g and change in cash and around 30g in supplies from the shattered sun supplies, bag of fishing treasures and barrel of fish/crate of meat.

I'm sure I can trim play time down to an hour within a week, resulting 100g per hour. Not bad at all. And on to the Isle of Quel'Danas, where everything is close by and I'm sure earning gold will be even quicker and easier...

No comments: